Friday, March 25, 2011

A Note of Gratitude


Well, the premier issue of Nµ30 magazine went off without a hitch. Actually, I guess there was a hitch or two, but that’s not important right now. What is important is that I’d like to take a moment to thank people for the massive support I’ve received in getting this project started.
My two trainers, Sifu Mai Du and Ilir Ymeri, both of whom have demonstrated patience and support, above and beyond the call of duty. Either of them can beat me up, and neither of them has, yet.
I definitely want to thank all of the people who have contributed to my funding through http://www.gofundme.com/New30-Magazine. Many people can’t make a financial contribution, but those individuals have given of themselves by sharing the link and posting on the FaceBook fan page.
There are the invisible contributions of sites like http://www.scribd.com/, http://www.blogger.com and http://blogs.alternet.org. Without them, this valuable project would not be possible.
The interview subjects, medical professionals and product vendors who all contributed of their time and treasure – not only to the premier issue, but also to this and future issues as well.
A special shout out goes to Image Works for helping me to secure my new domain, on which future issues will be served. Don’t click on that one, just yet. There are a bevy of coders and engineers working ‘round the clock to make it ready, but they’re going to need just a bit more time.
My mother (yes, she has a web site) has been steadfast and overwhelming in her support of me prior to this launch, and her unflagging help, advice and support are still going strong.
Furthermore, lest we forget, I’ve been fortunate enough to have one of Boston’s most talented young writers, Jack. The poor dog has pounded the bricks for the better part of his two years on this planet, and finally signed with Nµ30. You’ll be enjoying his wit and wisdom as a regular monthly feature.
Of course, the real heroes in this saga are you, the readers. This is your magazine, and it couldn’t happen without you. So, keep reading, and above all keep exercising. Exercise is my medicine and I know it can be yours as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment